Tooth Fairy pillow

For our first project using the sewing machine, we made a tooth fairy pillow, using fabric from my very limited stash. She's not even close to expecting a visit from the TF yet (a fact she is quite bummed about), but at least now we'll be ready! 😁 (Note: I forget how much prep time goes into sewing. I'm now exhausted!) 😜

image.jpg

Maker Monday: Circular weaving

I used scrap cardboard to make the disk, yarn from my stash, and a tapestry needle. Started her out on a larger, plastic needle, but then we needed to switch to a smaller one, to accommodate beads.

It took a couple tries to start it and get it going right, but that was all my fault. (Note: Make sure you have an odd number of notches cut out of your disk rather than an even number. Unless you enjoy being confused as to why the stitches are not lining up correctly.) It was a little fiddly at first, but eventually began to flow. It isn't finished yet, but almost halfway done. And coincidentally matchy with her outfit today, as well as a nearby My Little Pony.